For my vintage book cover redesign project, I chose to focus on The Identity of Man by J. Bronowski. I felt that the original cover of the book did not suit the overall theme of the book. I explored options of imagery as well as various typography solutions for the book’s title, subtitle and author. For the image, I used Illustrator to trace a man’s silhouette. The project includes a book cover and spine.
Before reaching the final product, I experimented in multiple variations and drafts. Below are PDFs of my first 2 drafts. I used Illustrator to trace a man’s body silhouette and a man’s face silhouette, experimenting with inverting the colors and placement of typography.